Acne-prone skin is highly sensitive and must be handled with extreme care. It is advisable to use 100% organic beauty products without any sulfates, parabens, and alcohol, or better yet, DIY most of your skincare at home.
In this article, you’ll read about how you can treat your skin with the help of 5 natural face pack for acne. These homemade face packs for acne scars and oily skin will help in maintaining the oil balance on your skin and prevent breakouts.
How can we remove acne from the face?
There are some daily habits that you can develop in order to prevent acne as well as clear up existing acne marks:
- Use a non-drying cleanser: It is extremely important to choose a cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils. Use a mild cleanser that can remove impurities and sebum build-up without making your skin dry and dull.
- Moisturize well: One of the main causes of acne is your sebaceous glands overworking themselves to make up for the lack of moisture in your skin. Hence, keep your skin well moisturized throughout the day to prevent excess production of oil and sebum.
- Apply sunscreen: Direct exposure to the sun tends to make your acne worse and even cause post-inflammatory dark spots on acne-ridden skin. So top your CTM routine with sunscreen to shield your skin from the sun.
- Spot treatment with essential oils: Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial essential oils such as tea tree when applied to affected areas can help in quicker healing of acne. However, make sure that you dilute these concentrated oils with a carrier oil before applying them to your skin.
- Include a weekly face pack ritual: DIY some homemade face packs for acne scars and acne using ingredients such as aloe vera, neem, turmeric, lemon, etc. which are known to treat acne naturally. You can make a night face pack for pimples which can be left overnight or one to apply for a few minutes during the day.
Can Face Mask reduce pimples?
Weekly usage of a face mask can help in drawing out any residual oil, impurities, and acne-causing bacteria in your skin.
A face mask for acne can also prove to be extremely nourishing and hydrating for your skin and well-moisturized skin is a pre-requisite for healthy, clear skin.
However, you shouldn’t rely solely on a face pack for acne for solving your skin issues. It has to be supplemented with a proper CTM routine, spot treatment, and in some cases, even medication.
Can face masks make acne worse?
If used too often and incorrectly, face masks can even be the cause behind acne.
A face mask shouldn’t be left on for too long as it creates an environment of warmth and humidity under your skin and traps moisture and sebum, which can help the acne-causing bacteria to multiply.
This can clog your pores, irritate existing acne or even cause new breakouts. Hence, regulate the frequency and duration of applying a face mask on your skin for the desired results.
What homemade face mask is best for acne?
Tea tree oil and Egg white
Tea tree oil is an excellent oil for preventing acne and treating acne scars because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
Egg whites contain lysozyme, an enzyme that kills acne-causing bacteria. Add one drop of tea tree oil to the egg white of one egg. Mix well and apply it evenly to your face. Once dry, rinse it using lukewarm water.
Aloe Vera and Turmeric
The best face pack for acne scars, Aloe vera’s cooling properties soothe your skin and help in reducing tenderness and pain.
Turmeric on the other hand is excellent in treating acne scars and hyperpigmentation. Take one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix it with 1/4th teaspoon of turmeric. Apply it to affected areas and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
Oatmeal and Lemon
Lemon helps significantly in cutting down sebum and oil build-up on the skin and citric acid treats hyperpigmentation.
Oats are loaded with deep cleaning agents like saponins that unclog your pores. To make this amazing lemon face pack for pimples, grind 2 tablespoons rolled oats and mix it with some lemon juice and honey (optional). Apply all over your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
Neem and Honey
An excellent homemade face pack for acne scars, Neem acts as a natural antiseptic and soothing agent while honey is a great moisturizer and exfoliant.
Together these two elements help in preventing oil build up on the skin, without making it dry. Grind a handful of neem leaves into a paste and add a tablespoon of honey to it. Apply on your face and neck and rinse it off after 30 minutes.
- Gram Flour and Orange peel
Both gram flour and orange peel are excellent cleansers and help in cutting down excess sebum and oil on the skin. Orange peel’s coarse texture also acts as a natural exfoliant to unclog your pores.
Mix 2 tablespoon gram flour in powdered dried orange peel and water. Apply it to your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off after it has dried and pat dries your face.
Which face mask is best for acne?
If you’re looking for a readymade, 100% natural face pack for treating acne, check out Kama Ayurveda’s Nimrah Anti Acne Face Pack.
This powerful yet organic blend of Ayurvedic herbs such as Vetiver, Ashwagandha, Red Sandalwood, Coriander, Lodhra, and Liquorice.
Together these elements help in regulating the oil production on your face, soothe redness and swelling caused due to acne, and help in treating pigmentation and acne scars.
The antibacterial properties of coriander also help in preventing acne and blackheads. Red sandalwood and licorice together work brightening your skin and evening out your skin tone, thus reducing the appearance of post-acne scars.
All you have to do is mix this coarse herbal powder with some water or rosewater and form a paste. Apply it to moist skin and leave it on until the paste has dried. For best results, use it daily or 3 times a week.
Now you know the best natural face pack for acne and the best face pack for acne scars, so start your DIY routine today!
Recommended: Know The Expert Tips How To Stay Healthy While Aging