An angle grinder is one power tools which are needed by one who stocks home improvement equipment. The angle grinder is one tool which is used for all your cutting and polishing needs.
When it comes to Angle grinders, there are many brands and varieties available in the market. One needs to consider multiple things while buying the right angle grinder.
Metabo Power tools are one such premium brand for buying Angle Grinders. You will always find a cordless solution in the Metabo power tools range which meets the highest expectations in terms of power, quality and reliability.
Factors one must consider while buying Angle Grinder
1. Disc size of the Angle Grinder
The disc is positioned at the head of the Angle Grinder tool. This head of the wheel is also known as the size of the disc of the grinder. It is the most important thing to consider while buying the Angle grinder. Different sizes of discs are available for different cutting purposes.
The harder the cut the bigger is the wheel. Therefore, depending on your cutting and grinding work, you should buy the Angle grinder for convenience.
It is even crucial to choose the size of the disc-based on the precision of the work. More precisions will call for a pneumatic grinder. Metabo Grinder discs from the range of 4.5 inches to 9 inches are easily available in the market.
2. Speed and power of the grinder
The more powerful the motor, the bigger the disc should be. The power of the motor of grinder, as well as the speed at which the grinder rotates, is another important thing to be considered while buying the Angle Grinder.
Many angle grinders are powered by electricity, compressed air, and petrol. And you get cordless angle grinders as well. You need to make sure the power source where you will be using the Angle grinders.
This will help you buy the right grinder that suits your needs. Metabo Angle grinder disks generally rotate in a range of 5000 to 12000 revolutions per minute. Higher the number of revolutions, the more effective the grinder is.
SO revolution is another factor to be considered while buying angle grinders. Average and most common angle grinders load speed in between 700 and 12000 revolutions.
3. The shape and handle of the grinder
Personal safety is needed while handling power tools. It may cause major injury if not handled properly. You should always consider buying the grinder that has a handle that can be adjusted.
Some people may be tall, some may be short, some have powerful hands while others not. So making adjustments of the handle as per your convenience is always suggested.
On the other hand, it makes it easy for you to use both hands while you are grinding and cutting. You should even look for the anti-vibration feature for ease of handling the tool.
Various suggested disc types for Angle grinders
- Metal cutting disc / cut off disc – This disc is used for cutting most metals. It must not be used for grinding. It must be present at 90° to the workpiece. It is generally used for cutting edge composed of Aluminium Oxide.
- Grinding disc – This disc is used for grinding through ferrous and non- ferrous metals. It must be present at 45° to the workpiece. It is generally used for cutting edge composed of Aluminium Oxide
- Multi-cut cutting disc – This disc is used for cutting through ferrous and non- ferrous metals, (including stainless steel). It can also cut through brick, stone, modern composites & tiles for more complex cutting requirements.
- Stainless steel cutting disc – It is used for cutting through steel and stainless steel. It is useful for small cross-sections.
- All cut diamond blade – It is used for cutting through cast iron, other ferrous and non- ferrous metals and most construction materials. It can cut diamond grains bonded to cutting edge.
- Abrasive grit mop disc – It is generally used for grinding of metal, particularly useful for edge grinding projects such as de-burring, sharpening, and surface finishing. It has a fan-shaped radial configuration of grinding flaps.
- Slitting disc / thin cutting disc – It is used for cutting slim walled profiles and pipes. It provides a fine cut line and is suitable for use on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and stainless steel.