As far as brand promotions go, the effectiveness of flyers will always remain understated. The power of flyers for the promotion of products, services or events in the neighborhood can work wonders and boost the promotions in an unexpected manner.
While opting for flyer printing, the first thing to think about is the design of the flyer. The design should naturally be based on the intent for which it is being used. Be it for a new product, or a service, or an event, the design is what will attract the audience towards it.
And a large part of the role is played by the message of the flyer. The message is the most important as this is what will give your audience a clear idea as to what it is all about.
To make it easier, here are 5 points that will help you create effective messages:
- Do not waste words: Unlike any other print product like a catalog or booklet, a flyer has only a single second within which it has to grab the audience’s attention and make a strong impact. Thus it is suggested to strike out words that are not necessary and keep only those that carry the message only. A great way to enhance the looks of your words is by having a suitable clear readable font. Make it as simple and easy to read as possible.
Services of online printing provide you with a long-range of fonts that you can choose based on the nature of your brand.
- Heading matters: While opting for flyer promotions, always try to incorporate the key message in your heading. This is because it is the heading on which the eyes first fall. Do not make it long. Keep it short and crisp. “Free dinner!”, “New café”, “New Restaurant in Town” are a few examples. Keeping in mind the short attention span of your audience, position your heading in the front and center of your custom flyer.
Many flyer printing services provide attractive finishes, like gloss or matte finish, that helps uplift the heading in a better-visible fashion.
- Highlight benefits: More suggested for product promotions, it is very important to highlight benefits in a proper manner. Always mention the characteristics like the look, finish, etc before mentioning the specifications like height and width.
For example in case of flyers, mention “pocket-sized, light-weight” first and “4 inches across, 1oz weight” later. Always have an audience-perspective for a better effect.
Various online printing services provide custom shaped flyers that let you give the perfect shape to your flyers based on the attire of your brand.
- Use bullets and lists: Never ever provide a content that resembles an essay. This straightaway loses the interest of the audience. Instead, use bullet points and lists for a better display. Details such as product features, dates, times, price points, etc all fall within this category.
Opt for a flyer-size that is able to incorporate your details in a crisp and readable manner. There are many sizes available like 3 x 4, 3.5 x 8.5, 6 x 9, 8.5 x 11 flyers and many more.
- Include a CTA and a Get-In-Touch: Another necessary part of your message is the Call-to-Action. This tells your audience what they need to do next. Be it dialing a number, booking tickets to your event, or visiting a website, each of these plays a major role in bringing in an audience.
However, do not provide more than one CTA as it can appear confusing. A great way is to provide a QR Code that takes them to suitable information. Provide your address, URL, social profiles so that your customers can get in touch with you.
Opting for flyer printing California is one of the best ways of giving your brand the perfect promotion. All that you have to keep in mind is that your flyer should be visually appealing to your audience in order to grab their one-time attention and use it to your purpose.