This blog post will provide you with how to export Lotus Notes email to PST? Here you will get the best export of HCL Notes to Outlook PST file format. And all solutions are verified by professional experts. So, you may use these solutions without any doubt.
IBM Notes and MS Outlook are both famous and influential email client applications, and both are operated on a large scale in businesses globally. Because of this, it makes it likely that information will be converted from one application to another.
Hence, they are two different email applications, and the conversion process can be very complicated.
Companies are continuously focusing upon enhanced and quick communication amongst their employees.
If the companies are still relying upon Lotus Notes clients, it should provide it a thought. In contrast, it is the most preferred and popular among users and non-users.
Microsoft Outlook gives a simple and easy-to-use GUI, while Lotus Notes provides a problematic user interface. In addition, the outlook can be opened on any machine, whereas Lotus Notes can be opened only on the configured device.
Steps to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST Format with Complete Data
There is two possible way either convert by free manual technique or professional suggested software to change NSF to PST Format.
- Convert NSF to Outlook PST Format Manually
- Export NSF File to Outlook using CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter Tool
Step 1. Manual Way to Migrate IBM Notes to Outlook PST
To perform the migration process of Lotus Notes to Outlook, users need to follow two steps:
- Export HCL Notes to CSV Format
- Import CSV File to Outlook PST
#Convert Lotus Notes NSF File to CSV File
- Open IBM Notes email application, click on File option, then Open >> Lotus Notes application.
- Select the Browse button to choose the NSF file and click on the Open button.
- Now, go to File Menu >> Press the Export option.
- Now, under the Export dialogue box, enter a file name, destination path, and file saving type.
- Pick the Comma Separated Value format.
- Finally, in the CSV Export window wizard, choose the desired options as per your requirements.
#Import CSV File to Outlook
- Open MS Outlook email program
- Go to File >> Select Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- After that, opt “Import from another program or file” and tap to the Next.
- Pick Comma Separated Values and hit on the Next.
- Click on the Browse button to navigate the CSV file created using the Export command and click on the Next.
- Select the desired folder to save the resultant data and click on Next.
- Now, check the Checkbox in the import file and press the finish button.
NOTE: This solution needs to install IBM Notes and Outlook applications. Also, it doesn’t convert email attachments, formatting, and other information, such as contacts, calendars, etc., from Lotus Notes to Outlook. And imported mails might be inconsistent.
So, if you want to export the Lotus Notes email to PST with attachments and formatting intact, along with all other mailbox items such as Contacts, Notes, Calendar, etc., you need to migrate the Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST. And then import it to MS Outlook.
NSF to PST Converter – To Bulk Export Lotus Notes Email to PST with Attachments
Suppose the free manual solution doesn’t work for you due to its drawbacks. In that case, one can use the CubexSoft Lotus Notes Converter tool, a recommended software to export IBM Notes to Outlook PST format containing all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc., with attachments. In addition, the software gives you an advanced option to migrate the NSF files and save them as PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, Office 365, Exchange Server, Gmail, IMAP, etc.
So far, we have discussed tips and tricks for exporting Lotus Notes email to PST. We also mentioned why users want to change Notes to Outlook? And the manual solution to export converts NSF to PST.
So, it depends on the user which methods he intends to apply as per his feasibility. But officially, the use of a technical solution is a requirement today as it provides a 100% safe and secure atmosphere for the migration of Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST.