You must agree to the fact that the “drivers” are considered the main part of a computer, printer as well as other digital electronic devices and without a driver, none of them function properly.
Therefore, in the proper functioning of any electronic device, “drivers” play an important role.
So, if you have recently encountered an error related to your “HP printer driver” then you need to troubleshoot it with the help of the below-given solution guide in order to get your printer back to proper functioning.
However, before starting the troubleshooting guide, it is necessary to know the cause behind the “HP printer driver is unavailable” error and to help you with it, we’ve also mentioned the four possible reasons that are considered the root causes of this error. They’re as follows:
- Connection problem b/w your printer and computer
- The driver installed in your printer is outdated
- The printer driver that is usually there on your PC is suddenly missing
- The driver is corrupt or incompatible and your Windows operating system fails to recognize it.
Now, without wasting any further second, let’ start the troubleshooting guide to fix the “HP printer driver is unavailable” error:
Method 1: Unplug the USB cable from Printer
Sometimes a minor connection issue between your Printer and Computer can lead to this particular error.
So, in order to resolve it what you can do is first unplug your USB cable from the HP printer and then plug it back to ensure whether the issue still persists or not. If yes, then move on to the next given solutions.
Method 2: Update the HP Printer Driver
- To update your HP Printer driver, you need to first click on the ‘Windows Start’ button in order to open the ‘Windows Search Menu.’
- In the search menu text field, type ‘Device Manager.’
- Then from the list of devices, click on the component that you want to update in order to expand it.
- After that, you need to click right on your HP printer driver, and from the available contextual menu, select ‘Update Driver Software.’
- Further, click on the option of ‘Search automatically for the driver software update.’
- That’s it! If there’s an update available then, Windows will automatically download and install it into the system.
- And, as soon as the update process completes, restart your Windows operating system and ensure whether your HP Printer driver becomes available or not yet by doing a print test.
Method 3: Update Windows Operating System’s Version:
If your Windows operating system gets outdated and you forget to update it for a long time then, you start facing issues with all the other applications as well as programs available on your PC.
Therefore, it can be possible that you’re facing an ‘HP printer driver is unavailable’ issue because of this reason.
So, updating the Windows operating system is considered an effective solution in this situation.
- To start with the process, you need to first click on the ‘Windows key’ in order to open the ‘Windows Search Menu.’
- From the search menu, search for the ‘Windows Update’ option by typing ‘Update’ in the search text field.
- Then, click on the first available result that reads— ‘Check for New Updates.’
- Open it and from there, check if there’s a new update available or not.
- If yes then, Windows will automatically download and install it into the system.
- Once the update process completes, quickly restart your Windows operating system and ensure whether your HP Printer driver becomes available or not yet by doing a print test.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the HP Printer Driver:
There’s no second thought given to the fact that corrupted or incompatible HP printer drivers are considered the root cause of this error.
So, without wasting any further second, follow the below-given steps to uninstall the corrupted or incompatible printer driver and then to reinstall the latest printer driver in your PC.
- To start with the uninstallation process, press the ‘Win + R’ shortcut key together from your keyboard in order to open the ‘Run Dialog Box.’
- Then, in the required text field of the dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click on the ‘OK’ button to open the ‘Windows Device Manager.’
- Under it, click right on your ‘HP Printer’ that is showing error, from the list of available HP printers.
- After that, click on the ‘Uninstall device’ option from the available contextual menu to finally uninstall your HP printer driver from your PC.
- Now, to start with the re-installation process, open your web browser and use its search engine, search for the HP Printer official site.
- Once you are able to locate it, click on it in order to open the website. Then, on the site, look for the latest and compatible HP Printer Driver for your PC.
- After that, click on the ‘Download’ button to simply download the latest HP printer driver on your Windows operating system.
- Once the download process completes, click on the downloaded .exe file setup and install the HP printer driver by just following the on-screen instructions.
However, if you want a more simple process for this than, what best you can do is, download and install the ‘Driver Easy’ tool as it automatically searches, downloads, and installs the latest and most compatible printer driver for your system.