QuickBooks Error 6000 -83 is an obstruction that can occur when a user tries to open and restore or to back-up a file.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 6000 -83
- An incomplete installation of the QuickBooks application.
- A corrupt company file.
- Damaged company folder destination.
- File accessibility permission not granted.
- The existing user doesn’t have permission to retrieve a file.
- Security software enabled.
- An out-dated version of QuickBooks.
See More: Quickbooks error h505
Methods to solve QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -83
Method 1. Unsupported Filename
- Go to the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- Enter ‘File Explorer’ into the search bar and click ‘File Explorer.’
- Find the folder of your backup company file and click ‘open’
- Now, Right-click the file with .qbb extension at the end of the file name and choose ‘Rename’.
- Make sure to remove characters containing any special characters, symbols, or spaces from your filename. Keep a simple name with alphabets only.
- Click ‘Ok’.
Method 2: Move the file into the local hard drive
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer (the one that currently hosting).
- From the File menu, select exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Proceed to the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- Enter ‘File Explorer’ into the search and click ‘File Explorer’.
- Go to ‘My Computer’ from the navigation bar. On some computers, it is called ‘This PC.’
- Go to your C: drive and open it.
- Right-click on the screen, select New, and then go to Folder and create a new folder. Give it a less complicated name.
- Create a backup company file and restore it.
Method 3. Turn off hosting on your all workstations (For Windows Server)
Make sure of fact that the Host Multi-User Access option is not running on your all workstations if you’re hosting your company files over a window server. Only your server computer must be the one hosting.
These are the kind of computers connected to your server that doesn’t allow you to host your company files.
- Proceed to QuickBooks on one of your workstations.
- Choose the File menu and settle over Utilities, don’t open your company file.
- If there is the “Host Multi-User Access” option, don’t click it. Proceed to the next workstation.
- If there is an option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access”, click on it. This one might be the problem.
This article covers the maximum possible solutions and information about QuickBooks Error 6000 -83. If you still get any queries or want any professional help, you can contact this number: 1-877-349-3776.
Related More Post: Quickbook error h202