You may get an error while working in QuickBooks. Something went wrong. This can happen, for example, when you try to detail your individual profit or loss or when you try to log in to QuickBooks Online.
This can also happen when you try to export data, for example, from the desktop version of QuickBooks to the cloud.
What causes the Something Went Wrong QuickBooks error?
Well, there are several possible workarounds. And we will look at them soon. But let’s first look at the causes of a frustrating error. Something went wrong:
Problems with the browser
Temporary Internet files, cookies, browsing history, passwords, and other data stored on your PC’s browser can sometimes interfere with QuickBooks.
Read also: Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6150
Antivirus settings can block the connection to the Intuit website, which makes it impossible to log into the system, which leads to an error.
In some cases, the source of some of these problems is something on your computer, not QuickBooks itself.
How can I solve something went wrong Quickbooks error?
Building an intuit.com reliable site sometimes helps with this problem. You will need to change the current browser security setting as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools (gear) icon on the menu
- Now select Internet Options
- Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites
- Now click on Sites as shown
- Enter intuit.com in the Add this site to zone section. Click Add
- Click Close and Apply.
- Click OK to exit Internet Options.
- In Chrome, click the More icon (three horizontal lines) on the right side of the screen
- Select Settings and scroll down until you find Advanced. Click on it
- Press O Pen Proxy Settings
- Repeat steps 4 through 7 from the previous section
- In Firefox, click 3 lines (top right) to open the Menu
- Click Options
- Click the Privacy and Security tab
- Scroll until you open the Permissions tab and select Exceptions
- Enter intuit.com and click Allow
- Click Save Changes
Use the private viewport
Open a personal browser window and use it to enter QuickBooks Online. This helps to overcome non-standard browser settings, as they can be the reason for this unexpected behavior.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Settings and Advanced icon (three dots around the edge) and select New InPrivate window
Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
The following keyboard shortcuts will take you to the InPrivate / Incognito window (first launch the appropriate browser)
- Google Chrome Press Ctrl + Shift + N
- Firefox / Microsoft Internet Explorer: Press Ctrl + Shift + P
Now visit https://camps.intuit.com/ from a private window. This may result in an error. Something went wrong in QuickBooks.
Clear your browser cache
If the above does not work, reopen the browser program and clear the cache. This deletes all temporary Internet files stored on your computer and possibly annoying error.
- Start Edge
- Go to More, then Settings
- Click Select what to clear (in the Clear browsing data section).
- Check each box next to each data type that you want to clear, then click Clear.
- Open Chrome
- Click the More button (three dots in the upper right corner)
- Click Advanced Tools, and then Clear Data to view
- Select the appropriate time range or All time
- Select the data you want to erase
- Now click Clear Data
- Press Menu and select Options
- Click Privacy & Security
- In the Cookies and site data area, click Clear data
- Make sure you check the boxes in front of cookies and site data, as well as cached web content, and then click the Clear button
If you haven’t succeeded yet, try using a different browser to access the QuickBooks website.
This will help you avoid any browser issues that prevent you from getting to the site. For example, change Chrome from Edge / Firefox and vice versa.
Temporarily disable the antivirus
The easiest way to overcome the limitations placed by antivirus software on QuickBooks processes is to temporarily disable the installed antivirus. If necessary, check the shutdown procedure, or at least the antivirus settings, on the support website for your software.
If this does not help, consider switching to other antivirus software. There are many great antivirus applications on the market, but if you need a reliable antivirus, be sure to try Bitdefender.
Related article: How do I fix unrecoverable error in QuickBooks
Use a different computer or device
To eliminate the possibility of problems with your device / PC, can you try to complete the required QuickBooks task from another computer?
So, here are some solutions that might help you with the error. Something went wrong with QuickBooks, so be sure to try all of them.