If you have an aggressive family member or annoying friend who is bothering you on Instagram, you will be happy to know that you can cancel your access to your account!
Although you can’t “remove” the followers, you can block them from checking your profile. You can also set up your account to be private to prevent unwanted followers later. Steps
- 1 Part 1
- 1.1 Block Followers
- 1.2 1. Select the Instagram app to open it
- 1.3 2. Accessing your profile To do this
- 1.4 3. Select or click on “Followers”.
- 1.5 4. Check your list of followers
- 1.6 5. Click or select the follower you want to remove
- 1.7 6. Select the three-point menu
- 1.8 7. Click or select the “Block” option
- 1.9 8. To the question “Are you sure? “, Click or select “Yes”
- 1.10 9. Repeat this process with each follower you want to block
- 2 Learn how to make your account private
1. Select the Instagram app to open it
If you are going to use a computer, tap the Instagram website. You need to sign in to your Instagram account if you haven’t already.
2. Accessing your profile To do this
select or click on a person’s image icon, which appears at the bottom right of the screen. If you are on a computer, you will find this icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Select or click on “Followers”.
This option should be found to the right of your profile image.
4. Check your list of followers
Although you cannot force a follower to stop following your profile, you can block it and prevent it from following you or seeing your account.
5. Click or select the follower you want to remove
This will take you to your profile, from which you can block it.
This option is found in the upper right corner of the screen or to the right of your username on a computer. On an Android, this menu is vertical and not horizontal.
7. Click or select the “Block” option
On the Instagram website, the option says “Block this user.” After choosing this option, Instagram will direct you to confirmation.
8. To the question “Are you sure? “, Click or select “Yes”
This will block the selected user and will no longer be able to see your posts!
The blocked user may continue to see your comments on other users’ photos and may continue to search your account – but you will not be able to access them.
You can view a list of your blocked users at any time by going to your menu settings and selecting the “Blocked users” option.
9. Repeat this process with each follower you want to block
If you want to prevent unwanted followers later, you can set your account to private. This will allow you to accept any request from a follower before users can see your account. Part
Learn how to make your account private
1. Allows the Instagram app on your smartphone
Change your account in your state “public” to “private” This means that anyone who wants to follow you should ask for it – you are the only one who can approve this request.
It gives you more control over who has access to your Instagram. Changing your account to private also limits other users’ access to your comments and “I like”, with the only exception in publications,
where your name appears next to other “I like” but your account will be maintained. protected. You cannot change the status of your account screen from a computer.
2. Open your profile if you haven’t already
To do this, select the icon of the image of a person in the lower-right corner of your phone screen. You can also open it from a tablet.
Do this by selecting the gear icon (in iOS) or the three dots (in Android) that are in the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Go to the “Account” group
This is a series of tabs that include account options – you get the “Private Account” option at the end of this group.
5. Enable “Private Account” by moving the option to the right
Now you need to change from gray to blue, which indicates that your account is now private! To disable this configuration, move the option to the left and select “Accept” in the popup window.
Keep in mind that your current followers will not be affected by this change. If you want to block some or all of them, you have to do it manually.