If thinking about career change makes you feel overwhelmed and anxious, then you are not alone.
A lot of people experience the same situation at some point of time in their lives. The decision to switch career can be voluntary or can be forced upon an individual due to a variety of reasons including layoff and burnout.
These days, to embrace the process of change, the individuals can be seen approaching the career coaches.
A career transition coaching is carried out by such experts who help you navigate the transition and effectively change your career by equipping you with advanced sets of knowledge and skills.
The process of career change works only when a well-planned structure is followed. With the latter, you receive the much-needed clarity on how to build a successful future.
The Reasons Why You Need Career Transition Coaching
A career change opens doors of opportunities for you and ensures personal growth. Yet, it brings you face to face with numerous fears that can act as a barrier in your vision and hinder the growth process.
If you are experiencing any of the difficulties that have been listed below, then you should hire a career coach.
1. Lack of clarity:
Many individuals are ready to change their career but they are burdened with many options and find it difficult to choose any one of them.
In such situations, it is better to approach an experienced coach who first helps you analyze your own interests, strengths and abilities, and then conducts various experiments to test them in order to suggest the best career options for you.
2. Lack of skills:
With the rapidly changing business environment, the skills of an individual can quickly become obsolete and have to be constantly upgraded with proper training.
Sometimes, you know the right career for your future but you do not have the adequate skills to excel in it. With a coach by your side, you first recognize your goals and then create a learning plan to achieve your long-terms goals.
3.Unable to clear the interviews:
If you know what it takes to get employed at your dream firm but you are unable to strongly communicate your strengths in an interview, then coaching can be extremely beneficial for you.
From giving the much-needed boost to your resume to providing you with honest feedback on how you perform at interviews, a coach can increase your chances of getting selected at some of the renowned firms.
4. Planning a career change at 40:
Even after working in the same field for almost two decades, many people find themselves dissatisfied with their role. However, they consider it nearly impossible to change their career at this stage and this further leads to stress and anxiety.
To deal with this dilemma, you require career transition coaching through which you receive guidance from a skilled professional who can direct you in the right direction so that you can optimally utilize your vast experience and knowledge.
The advantages of career change coaching
Whether you are at the beginning or in the middle of your career, here are various benefits that talk about how hiring a coach can make all the difference in your career.
- During the coaching process, you realize your worth as a professional and gain insight into the abilities you can bring to the table.
- This realization of your own strengths not only increases your confidence but also helps in searching for jobs as you know which job profile can make the best use of your skills.
- One of the major reasons to hire a coach is that he acts like your personal trainer who can constantly motivate you and track your progress to make sure that you are doing what you should in order to experience positive results.
- With this sense of responsibility, you are less likely to get distracted from your career path.
- In your career, you encounter various make-or-break situations where you require someone trustworthy and rational to assist you in the decision-making process.
- A career coach is that person you can completely rely on as he has your best interest in mind.
To sum up, you should remember that career transition coaching equips you with a facilitator whose job is to give you the right direction. In the end, it is you who has to be willing to make consistent efforts.
With this coaching, you will be able to reinvent yourself and reshape your career to reach greater heights.
Also Read: Tip to Clear H35-660 Exam in First Attempt