When we go to work and open our computers, we most likely use Windows as the OS.
Well, if your work is mainstream and requires you to write many reports and make spreadsheets and presentations, Windows is the best OS for you.
Most popular software generally used in most workplaces, like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Tally, and so on, is compatible with Windows.
Furthermore, most people are comfortable with working on Windows. This makes it the perfect OS to use in a general workplace.
For ethical hackers, Windows or Mac is not enough. The tools they need to use to perform their job do not perform to optimum levels on Windows.
For a professional in cyber security to do his job well, he needs to work with an OS that is well-suited to his needs.
This is where the need for Kali Linux comes into the picture.
What is Kali Linux?
Kali Linux is an operating system that comes loaded with over 600 penetration testing tools and many other functionalities that suit ethical hackers' needs. It is open-source, meaning anyone can use it free from its official creators.
The importance of Kali Linux comes from its array of features and functionalities. Some of them have been discussed as follows –
• Kali Linux comes loaded with more than 600 penetration testing tools. None of these tools overlap in function and output, meaning each tool in Kali Linux provides a unique value.
As penetration testing is the bread and butter of an ethical hacker's job, Kali Linux is preferable to other operating systems.
• Kali Linux is free. If you're interested in ethical hacking and want to learn, you can download the operating system immediately.
• Given the fact Since ethical hackers like customizing the OS they use, Kali Linux is customizable to the last kernel.
• The OS has been developed by a small team of developers, meaning the possibility of a black hat hacker influencing its development is low.
• Linux has a problem with providing support to multiple wireless devices. Kali is built to allow as many wireless connections as possible.
• It also complies with FHS, meaning simply that accessing binary files and other data is straightforward on Kali.
This article covered Kali Linux, its association with ethical hacking, and why it's important to Cyber Security professionals. If you wish to learn more about cybersecurity, consider joining my ethical hacking course in Delhi.